How to Make Fond du Lac a Traffic Free Zone
Human Trafficking is a crime that that persists globally as well as in Wisconsin and even Fond du Lac. A free half day conference on Saturday, Oct 8, will address what is being done and how you can help.
Citizens and youth grade 6 and up accompanied by a parent are invited to gather at the MPTC cafeteria for registration beginning at 8:30 am.
Time: 8:30 am – 9:00 am refreshments available, vendor tables open
9:00 am -12:00 pm – program described below
Place: Moraine Park Technical College, 235 N National Ave, FDL
- Keynote speaker: Elizabeth Marczak, Serrv International, What Fair Trade is Doing to Combat the Global Crime of Human trafficking
- Panel Discussion: Fond du Lac’s Efforts to Combat Human Trafficking moderated by Nancy Irizarry, Wisconsin Anti-Human Trafficking Consortium Chair.
- Panelists are Detective Nick Hahn—Fond du Lac Police Department; Tiffany Parker—Agnesian Domestic Violence; Angel Gilbertson—ASTOP; Nicole Johnson, Executive Director–Solutions Center; Laura Kohl– Assistant District Attorney
- Interactive “Stay Out of Traffic” experience. This will give opportunity to work through a possible human trafficking scenario by finding resources from local agencies who could help if you were in the situation presented in the scenario.
- Fair Trade vendors including Just Fare Market, Gallery & Frame and Living Light Studio as well some of the nonprofit partner organizations will have booths to visit.
Organizers are representatives from:
- AAUW – Fond du Lac Branch
- Congregation of the Sisters of St Agnes
- Fond du Lac Fair Trade Towns
- Just Fare Market
- Moraine Park Technical College
- Soroptimist International of Fond du Lac
- Fond du Lac Area Women’s Fund