October is Fair Trade Month. Invite a friend, take your spouse and/or the kids or go solo on a short and interesting Fair Trade Trip this October, to ten locally owned shops and cafés who carry some Fair Trade products. Visit a couple each week or do a grand tour in one day. Each business is highlighting a featured product for you to learn more about Fair Trade available in Fond du Lac.
Pick up a Journey Passport at any of these participating local businesses:
- Blue Goose Coffee House at Horicon Bank
- Marian University’s Common Grounds Coffeehouse/Erbert & Gerbert’s Bistro
- Gallery & Frame Shop
- Just B Still Massage Studio and Green Café
- Just Fare Market
- Living Light Studio
- Moraine Park Technical College Bookstore
- ReachOut & Solid Grounds Coffee Shop
- Urban Fuel
- Village Market Specialty Foods.
You are invited to visit these stores between Oct 1 and 31. Record the name of the product and producer at 5 or more of the stores and enter a drawing for one of ten Fair Trade prizes donated by the participating stores.
Fair Trade Journey Passports will also be available at the October 8 half day event at Moraine Park Technical College, “How to Make Fond du Lac a Traffic Free Zone.”